Project Initiation Homework
help us understand
In preparation for starting your custom design project, it is important for us to understand what types of design styles to pursue. This homework helps us develop a stylistic picture of your tastes.
You can undertake as many of the tasks listed below as you choose, providing us with as little or as much detail as you wish. Obviously, the more detail you provide, the better we understand your stylistic interests and the more relevant the initial designs we prepare for you will be.
1. Scheme Designers Samples Pages
- Visit www.schemedesigners.com/samples.
- These pages of our web site represent a wide variety of different styles and tastes shown on many different aircraft.
- Please review designs – as many as you want – and make a list of those you find interesting (try and ignore color).
- You do not have to focus on aircraft similar to yours – we are interested in styles you enjoy on any aircraft.
- When recording a design you find appealing, in order to make it easy for us to locate please record BOTH the Registration Number and Aircraft type.
This site includes over 1.4 million juried photographs of aircraft in a powerful searchable database. You can visit their search engine and search for photos of your aircraft type or similar aircraft types. Click on www.Airliners.net:
- On the home page, click on the “Search” button near the top right hand corner without filling in the white box to the left of the button.
- On the search Engine Page, enter your aircraft type (you may have to try several variations – for example, Cessna 402C, C402C, etc.) and request the maximum limit per page using the pull down menu. Then click “Show me the Photos!”
- Scroll through the results. Click “View Large Photos” to see a specific photo in more detail.
- For any photo you want us to look at, copy the photo link (circled in red) or note the photo ID (circled in blue).
3. Other Photos and Thoughts
If you have other data you have collected that you want to share with us, please don’t hesitate. Some data that is interesting to us is:
- Your own sketches.
- Photos you have taken.
- Photos from other web sites.
- Any descriptive information you may want to provide.
4. Homework Submission
Once you have collected all your information you wish to share with us, include it in an e-mail and send it to the designer working on your project or send it to: [email protected]