Since 1997, Scheme Designers has pioneered the business of exterior design
for aircraft of all types, sizes, and models – airline fleets, business jets, piston aircraft, as well as helicopters. Around the globe, there are over 13,500 unique aircraft wearing a Scheme Designers paint scheme. Over half of the OEMs delivering new aircraft work with Scheme Designers to develop the exterior styling for their factory new models, setting the standard for the industry as a whole. The Scheme Designers team of artists and designers work with each customer from inception through application of their paint scheme design at the paint shop, and their job isn’t done until the design is executed perfectly and the customer is completely satisfied.
Why Choose Scheme Designers
- EXPERIENCE: Thousands upon thousands of projects have given us a depth of experience that knows no equal.
- ARTISTRY: Our highly trained staff of creative artists and aviation specialists turns ideas into reality on a daily basis.
- TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE: On staff engineers ensure accurate implementation of artistic concepts.
- TREND SETTERS: As the designers to more than half the general aviation manufacturers, we create the latest trends in design.
- RELATIONSHIPS: We have developed close working relationships with paint and vinyl companies worldwide, allowing us to guide and advise our clients to ensure the best outcome.
- REPUTATION: Our reputation for artistry, honesty, integrity and for going the extra mile to ensure client expectations are fully satisfied is renowned throughout the industry.
- REASONABLE: Clients commonly ask how we do so much for so little…..We represent one of the soundest investments you can make in your aircraft.
- VESTED IN AVIATION: We are pilots, enthusiasts and aircraft owners just like you. We understand and relate to your passions, needs and desires when it comes to aviation.
- CLIENT REFERRALS: Client referrals are our largest source of new clients. And many clients have returned again and again over the years.
- TOP RATINGS: We have received countless accolades from such organizations and The Aviation Consumer, AOPA, EAA, Flying Magazine, and many other magazines and owner and industry associations.
About our Founder/CEO
Craig Barnett grew up in aviation – literally. He was roaming the southern African skies in his father’s Bonanza from before he could walk. He grew up in the back of his father’s Aztec. As a child, he helped his father restore a World War II Spitfire IX to flying condition in the 1970s. As a teen, Craig’s first plane was a 1964 Cessna 150E that he and his father rebuilt. Craig earned his pilot’s license at 17 and flew his Cessna 150E throughout southern Africa. After graduating as a Civil Engineer and moving to the US in 1985, Craig became an instrument rated commercial pilot, and has owned a variety of aircraft, including a Cessna 177RG, a Cessna 182RG and a Piper Lance. Currently, he owns a Cessna T210N, primarily used for business travel, and a Cherokee 180D, which is available free to Scheme Designers staff, and which Craig is using to teach his kids to fly, creating his family’s third generation of pilots. Craig’s unique background in aviation, engineering, art and business come together as the perfect background to lead Scheme Designers. Craig works hard to lead his dedicated team to, as a company, embrace higher standards of art, technology and customer service.
We Welcome Your Call
If you would like to learn more about our products and services, or just need a bit of advice, don’t hesitate to call or e-mail us. We are always delighted to be of assistance.